Table of Contents
Have you decided that you’d like to put in new carpets in your home? It is important to prepare to take down the old carpets. Be aware that your local garbage company might not remove old carpenters. Instead, it would help if you permitted our junk experts to take it on your behalf.
We’re The Best Company Offers Carpenter Disposal Services
You can always depend on us since we can dispose of all types of household junk. Apart from getting rid of appliances, electronics, and wood, we can also dispose of your flooring. If possible, we’ll remove the carpet away and ensure it is recycled. We’ll do everything we can to get rid of the carpet in a sustainable friendly way.
Pulling Up Carpet
Removing an old carpet will be simple. It is necessary to move it until it falls free from the tack strip. It is often best to employ a pair of pliers because it will simplify it. Once you’ve loosened the carpet on one side, lift it using your hands. Make sure you cut it into smaller pieces, which will make it easier to get off later.
Removing Carpet Glue
When the carpet you have been using is gone, you could need to remove carpet glue. It may remain on your walls or foundation. Use the advice below to clean the glue off your floor.
- It’s best to begin by scraping the glue with a shaver or scraper.
- To soften the glue that is difficult to remove, it with a steamer and boiling water.
- When the glue is soft, then remove it with a scraper.
It may be necessary to continue to follow these steps above until the glue is gone.
Getting Rid Of The Carpet Tack Strip
After you’ve completed the steps above, it’s time to take action regarding the carpet tack strips. Be cautious, as you could be stabbed by nails very easily.
- Find the nail head so you can locate the tack strip.
- Use a pry bar or the hammer to place your strip between floor and strip.
- Use a hammer to hit the other edge of your pry bar.
- After this is done, the nail will pop up and remove the nail.
- You’ll have to keep doing this until the strip can be removed with your hands.
- Place the strip inside the bags.
Once you’ve removed all tack strips, clean the area to rid it of nails and splinters left behind.
Removing Carpet From Stairs
Removal of carpet from the stairs will be more difficult. Nevertheless, the process is similar. It’s likely to be stuck with the strip of tack. You’ll need to get it out of the strip. Start with a pair of pliers. After that, you can take the item using your hands. After you’ve pulled it off, cut it into small pieces so you can remove it without difficulty.